Wednesday, May 10, 2006

A VERY SPECIAL AWARD FOR CARRIE UNDERWOOD

from gactv.com

Carrie Underwood took home another award Saturday--but this time she didn't give an acceptance speech. She graduated Magna Cum Laude with high honors from Northeastern University, receiving her degree in mass communications with an emphasis in journalism from Northeastern State University. “I’m excited," Carrie tells X Radio. "I mean, I worked just like everybody else did to graduate and I think it’s an accomplishment that, you know, I’m as busy as I am. But to me, education is really important and it’s really going to be nice to have that diploma hanging amongst my…my awards and things like that, so that’s going to be awesome.”

When fans first met Carrie on American Idol, she only had one semester to go at NSU in Tahlequah, OK. Winning the show meant Carrie had to postpone finishing her degree. But since then, she's managed to fulfill her college requirements in time to graduate with her class. Carrie intentionally didn’t draw a lot of attention to her college graduation. “I wanted to make sure that family got in [to the graduation ceremony]," she says. "I mean it just…that’s a day I’m normal, I’m nobody. I am a college student graduating college like every other student that is there.” Meanwhile, the awards continue for Carrie– she was inducted into the NSU Hall of Fame on April 28.

-----------------------------

as my friend said, carrie is just too good to be true. what a great role model!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home