Thursday, May 04, 2006

Underwood's "Jesus" Takes a Bow at No. 1 Party

With everybody still somewhat awestruck and overwhelmed at the song's success, Carrie Underwood and the three writers of "Jesus, Take the Wheel" gathered Tuesday afternoon (May 2) at the ASCAP lobby in Nashville during their No. 1 party.

"I had the easiest job in the world," Underwood told more than a hundred well-wishers. "For somebody to basically put a song like 'Jesus, Take the Wheel' in my lap and say, 'Go!' ... it's the luckiest thing for me ever. These people around me that I've met had the tough job. I just got to sing a wonderful song. I'm the luckiest person ever. Thank you guys for writing it, and thank you for letting me, of all people, have it. I appreciate it."

The writers of the song -- Brett James, Hillary Lindsey and Gordie Sampson -- were all quick to applaud Underwood's interpretation of the song which held the No. 1 position on Billboard's country airplay chart for six weeks.

"It's very rare that a record comes back and just blows your mind," James said. "That's what happened. It's blown my mind as well as all of America."

Lindsey noted, "I just wanted to say, 'Thank you, Carrie Underwood, for trying out for American Idol!'" After praising her vocal performance, Lindsey optimistically added, "I'm looking forward to more hits with Carrie."

Sampson concluded, "I'd also like to thank Carrie because, as songwriters, the best thing we could ask for is to have someone sing our song and sound like you wrote it when you sing it. We really, really appreciate that. Thank you."

Producer Mark Bright referred to Underwood as "an absolute blessing in my life." He took a spiritual approach to describe the experience of recording the song. "I definitely think there was a higher power involved," he said. "There's no question in my mind."

-------------------------------------------------------

awwww carrie! youre so humble! love you girl! she also looked absolutely cuuuuuuute!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

3:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home