Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Carrie Underwood On Idol Fever

Tonight is American Idol’s final third episode and it’s down to Taylor Hicks, Elliott Yamin and Katharine McPhee. The reigning American Idol, country music's own Carrie Underwood, recently shared insights about her experience on the show with Reader’s Digest. Carrie thinks the show is so popular because it’s a Cinderella story. She never in a million years thought she would win. Carrie tells the magazine what she really thinks about Idol judge Simon Cowell, noting, “He says what he thinks. I don't think he's malicious; I don't think he's out to hurt somebody; I think that's what he gets paid to do.” However, she admits that at first the judges’ criticism “stung pretty bad” because her friends and family were watching.

X Radio asked Carrie, whose first single was "Jesus Take The Wheel," had asked for divine intervention when she was an Idol contestant. “I never prayed for a win," she says. "I never prayed for anything like that. I just wanted what was supposed to happen to happen. If it was good, I wanted strength to be able to handle everything, but if it wasn’t supposed to happen then it wasn’t supposed to happen, and I wanted to, you know, not win gracefully and be okay with that.”

--------------------------

she is just so classy! what a girl!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home