Friday, July 14, 2006

Jeff’s Review of Carrie singing the National Anthem (All-Star Game in Pittsburgh)

So I met up with Don as we headed out to the Roberto Clemente Bridge for the Red Carpet. We heard over the local country station Y108 that the players would be on the red carpet along with “celebrities”. So we thought maybe carrie would be there!

So we got to the bridge and saw the players on the red carpet, being transported by Chevys with their name on the vehicle. We couldn’t see any vehicle with carrie’s name so we didn’t expect to see her. We were left somewhat disappointed as that was the case, although I did managed to catch a candy bar that albert pujols threw to the crowd!

So we get into the stadium at five and saw the players take batting and fielding practice. Ok you guys don’t want to hear me talk about baseball right? Lol I got a lot of pics so if there are enough people interested I will upload them here.

So don and I start our carrie watch lol. Whenever a blonde girl appeared on the field we were straining our eyes (we had standing room tickets, so we were all the way back) to see if it was miss underwood.

So the pregame ceremonies start and all that, and finally don says “that’s carrie!” and sure enough there is miss underwood with keith and ann! Man, I don’t think don knew, but I was really nervous for her! I was wondering how the crowd will react to her. So my hands were shaking pretty bad so my pics didn’t turn out too good.

Finally, they were about to start the anthem, so miss underwood walks to somewhere between the pitchers mound and home plate. And they freakin made her wait for a long time as they intro’d various people. You could see she was nervous. And then finally she started belting out the anthem!!! There were a number of other carrie fans as guys and gals hollered her name out as she started singing! And when she hit those notes the crowd went nuts! I have it on vid, problem is that I was shaking real bad lol so the video is shaky, but you can hear the crowd reaction clearly and see st louis cardinals shortstop david Eckstein coming out of the dugout to talk to her! He followed her for some distance as she walked towards a path to what I guess is to her VIP box!

its just amazing seeing and hearing her perform it live! that girl is incredible, and im stoked with the crowds reaction

link to my video footage here!
  • My video footage of Carrie singing the anthem, plus before and after the anthem scenes!

    Click above!


  • 2 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm so jealous of you man. You had such a Carrie Road Trip Week.

    My one complaint ... didn't "zoom in" tight enough. :p

    3:45 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    i'm not sure about something..is it free to listen songs using the lastfm software?

    6:47 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home