Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Jeff’s Fowlerville review

What an interesting show this was! Carrie was pretty talkative tonight. She talked a lot lol.

Some excerpts: (not word for word, its hard trying to remember so many things!)
“Weve been to a lot of places this summer and still have a lot to go to. So bleesed to be on the road to have a good time and having fun. We love each other and we love you guys”

“Its nice to sit back and listen sometimes. Im still working on this talking to the audience thing, I feel like im getting better at it but some nights im not so sure, so if I say anything kinda silly or ridiculous I do apologize”

“im looking at the gifts you all got me and I see there is a picture of simon cowell on one of them. Hmmm. He is judging me wherever I go.”

“in all the excitement I actually lost an earring, luckily we found it so its not so bad. [no response from the crowd] Ok, I know im bad at telling jokes.” (I think this was after SCOM, I noticed during the part where she disappears and lets the guitarists play on she went back and was talking rather animatedly with someone)

this is probably the first time it has happened at a carrie concert. The freakin power went out just as she started singing IAICA! There was stunned silence. After like 20 seconds the power was restored but the music had problems. So while they sorted it out carrie went:
“we going to finish the song doggonit! Someone probably tripped over a power cord. oh I don’t have stories or jokes to tell you guys. Hmmm. Once upon a time there was a guitarist named ed… ok. Hmmm when I was young I didn’t really travel so I finally got to go to seaworld for the very first time. We swam with the dolphins, got to touch them…”
and some of the band members were saying how this is part of the show and all that. Things got sorted out in the end.

Some notes on the show
1) I have 150 pics. I was so mad I didn’t bring my camera in Milwaukee for summerfest so it was revenge tonight. i will put them up maybe tomorrow.
2) Since I was second row right next to the center aisle, I had to people from the back rows knocking me slightly when they came forward to take pictures. The security had to keep yelling at them not to stay too long in front.
3) The security kept telling people to sit down to avoid blocking the people behind??? What the heck! I think maybe that’s why carrie didn’t get so many standing ovations.
4) During SCOM carrie was like “get up on your feet!” and finally the crowd got up lol. She brought the house down again.
5) Huge applause for JTTW. I didn’t care and I stood up to applaud. Some others followed suit but people mainly sat down and gave a really long applause. Carrie was like “ok ok ok!!!” and waving her hands to get people to sit down and settle down lol and she went on to introduce her next song.

In the line for meet and greet:
So after reading the reviews here I decided to go to the merchandise booth after SH. There was already a pretty long line. There was this mother with her girls behind and they were saying they should tell carrie how far they came to meet her. I started talking to them and saying how great carrie is and how she cares for her fans etc etc etc. we were joined by a grandmother and her grand-daughter (who is probably around 8), so the pimping of carrie continued from me. I mentioned I was in green bay 2 nites ago and they were amazed lol. So I mentioned I got carrie to sign the sign I made her. The grandmother was like “so what did it say? Marry me carrie?” and her grand-daughter was like “do you have a crush on carrie?” lol

Meeting carrie, what happened???
So, finally, on my 3rd attempt, I finally had a meaningful convo with carrie! I was like “hey carrie, do you remember the sign I had for you in green bay?” and she was like “what did it say?” I said “the bowling one.” And she laughed and said “oh yea!” I had her sign a pic for me and then asked if she liked it, she giggled and said yea. I thanked her. Finally a meaningful convo with carrie!!!

ETA: one more thing to add. the opener rockie lynne said that he met carrie and said that all the good things that people say about her are definitely true

one more thing to add:
i think the drummer lemar is from michigan. when i saw carrie in grand rapids, i remember seeing him coming out to the seats and brought a bunch of folks whom i assume to be his family backstage. today, i saw the same folks and they had vip stickers on.

ETA: one more thing i forgot to add... after she finishes playing the guitar with patience, she actually flicks the guitar pick to the crowd. she needs to practice that cos both times in GB and fowlerville the pick didnt even get across front row!

pics here!
  • Jeff's Fowlerville Concert Pics

  • 1 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Thank you for the reviews. I cannot afford to go to any concert ( I can only wish), but your site makes my dream come true. As I read your reviews - I feel like I am in all those concerts that you have been. Thank you for your great site/blog.

    1:11 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home