Saturday, December 16, 2006

My WV concert review

So, a few days after the concert, I decide to write my review, thanks to finals and all that. Im probably nuts for even going to this concert even though I have finals lol.

First off, stupid mapquest screwed me royally so I end up taking about 45 mins longer to get to WV than planned. Don was getting nervous since I was holding on to his ticket and I wasn’t in WV till after 6. apparently, he had a deal with heather and sara. He should have more confidence in me I say.

It was quite funny, as I bumped into perry during the intermission and she mentioned how she saw me in my car on 77 speeding pass her… speeding is a bad habit that I need to kick.

Now on to the concert. Carrie came out with her new shorter hair, and I think im in love with the new style. She looks so girl-next-door. Wow, can i say i LOVE it? I was concerned that with her illness how she will do tonight. But wow, she was full of energy and her voice was almost perfect. She did cough after songs and her talking voice was a little raspy, and she had a couple of bum notes, but if this had been my first carrie concert, I wouldn’t have guessed she wasn’t feeling well. She was lively performing, jumping and moving all over the place. The crowd actually didn’t stand up for much of her set, but boy was it a LOUD crowd. I had people behind me screaming into my ears the whole time lol. the atmosphere was just great! Def one of the best crowds ive been a part of.

She did talk about how Tom Hanks talked to her in DC, and how impressed she was with his demeanor. I guess it takes a truly humble person to recognize another humble person. Carrie mentioned a couple of times how great a lady her mom is. She again said what a wonderful year it had been for her, and she just wrapped up the time well wasted tour with brad paisley the night before. At this moment, the crowd starts cheering and carrie interrupted the applause “no! no! don’t clap! I’m sad its over!” (or something like that). Im sure she had a blast touring with brad and was absolutely thrilled to sing whiskey lullaby with him.

After the show, I met numerous people from the board: lynn, renee, rob, jen, perry & mom, and “the chauffer”, who are all super nice people. I hope I didn’t miss out on anyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home