Sunday, October 22, 2006

Jeff's Fort Wayne review

This is my third brad and carrie concert, and compared to the crowd at the 2 previous shows, this crowd was pretty sleepy! I was amazed at the previous shows how most of the crowd stood up for the entire duration for carrie’s set. At first I was a little disappointed for carrie since that wasn’t the case here, but even when brad came out, a good number of the audience still sat on their seats! I think I was one of a handful who actually stood up for both carrie and brad for the entire duration of their sets!

Who would have guessed that the 2 CF peeps who got tickets through brads club would end up sitting next to each other? Lol. Robin and I had our seats together. Maybe brads club has some sort of tracker or something

It was interesting how the local station came out before the show is announce some promos. They were going to play nothing but brad and carrie songs after the concert, and they were going to give away a pair of tickets for the CMAs to see “Brad and Carrie”. It really seems that all the promo for this tour is about the both of them.

Maybe she had her vacation, but carrie’s energy was unbelievable. She was all over the stage working the crowd as usual, and was even hopping along to her songs. You can see that in some of the vid I recorded

The new backup female singer, nikki, was pretty interesting, from the little that I noticed (since my eyes were glued on carrie for the most part ha!). she really seems to be enjoying herself on the tour, and sported what I call the “nerdy secretary” look (hair tied up, dark-rimmed glasses). During SCOM when carrie hollers for the crowd to get on her feet, nikki ditched the glasses and let her hair down. when carrie left and returned to take her usual spot between nikki and Ashley, nikki was like “look at my hair!” and carrie was like “aaahaaa nice!”

She now changes the order of her set list, switching wasted and BHC, so right after kicking butt with SCOM she keys cars with BHC and the crowd remained wild! She was really really sassy on BHC.

i was amazed to see that many people sit down during brads set! I still am lol. Anyway, at the beginning of his set, the sound people were screwing things up. Sometimes, you’d hear his voice OK, then suddenly it goes soft, and back to OK again. This went on for the first few songs. Grrrr!

They sang whiskey lullaby together again (looks like it’s a staple now!). this time I had no screaming carrie-hater beside me. In fact, the lady next to me went nuts when carrie appeared! Its quite cute how when carrie makes her way towards brad, she seems star-struck to be singing with brad. At the end of the song, you can see brad say “yea! That was great! You did great!” to carrie, and they hugged and brad got his crowd to show her love. It’s typical carrie that she seemed kind of embarrassed having brad have his crowd applaud her as she tried to get them to applaud him. Brad finished off by saying “carrie underwood everybody! The coolest American idol ever! Absolutely!”

Meet and greet (with brad. No not carrie lol!)
I won a M&G pass to meet brad through his fan club. This was my 2nd time trying for the pass and I must say im fortunate to have won one at my second attempt. There were 4 winners through his fan club, 2 from the local radio station and another 4 (im not sure how they got it!). it was quite funny as the 2 girls who won won the M&G through the radio station were wearing “I <3 Carrie” shirts, and they asked if carrie would be coming out to sign, but it seems she had already left the venue. What was interesting was that while we were waiting, we were actually next to carrie’s dressing room!

Anyway, there were 10 of us so this wasn’t like the carrie M&Gs at the merchandise booth (understandably so!) lol. We were let in one by one to have our time meeting the man. All I can say is I am blown away by his sincerity and appreciation for his fans. I was about to open my mouth to say something when he shook my hand and said “hey jeff!” and really looked me in the eye. He asked me if I liked the show, which of course I said yes. I let him know what a dream come true it is for me to meet him and I got him to sign a pic of him and carrie singing whiskey lullaby from Cincinnati and also the album cover for Time Well Wasted. I got him to sign on his side for the WL pic since im hoping to get carrie to sign her side one day lol. what was funny was the pic had a black background, but he signed on the guitar with his black pen. Now, as usual I asked if he could personalize it for me, and he was like “ok sure! but now I need your silver one since ive run out of space on the guitar!” I then told him what an awesome CD he had and he thanked me for liking it and supporting him and coming out to the show, and said how much he appreciates us fans.

We then took a pic (one of his band members took it. His club is awesome. They don’t allow you to use your camera, but they will have the pics up on the fanclub for ordering. Word is they only charge you for shipping). he put his arm round my shoulder, so im about to put mine round his and the wretched wall got in the way so I touched his butt! Lmao! Thankfully, I never had a situation like this with carrie, if not I’ll be sitting in jail!

I thanked brad and he thanked me again. I almost forgot to say what I had planned to say to him since I was so blown away by his humility and sincerity. So as I was a bout to step out I said “hey brad, congrats on the baby and all the best for the CMAs!” he smiled and thanked me again. I think what I spoke to him is probably about as much I have spoken to carrie all these times combined!

Seriously, brad is so down-to-earth, sincere and appreciative, I couldn’t believe it. I had always admired him for putting out great country music. But now seeing how he treats his fans and carrie, and getting a glimpse of him as a person, I am just wowed. Carrie couldn’t be on tour with a better person!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home