Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Some Hearts Album Review!


OK, the eagerly anticapted album is out... and its an awesome production! Carrie sung her heart out, and her awesome, sweet, powerful voice is showcased in these songs. Most of the songs are also beautifully written. Kudos to the production team. To be honest, Carrie exceeded my expectations. Most of the songs are really contemporary and anyone who doesnt like country would not have any problems loving this.

Stand out tracks:
- Don't Forget to Remember Me: OMG when i first heard this song, the lyrics really struck my heart as it reminded me much of my own experience when I left home for college. 3 lines really hit me:
1)"Momma kept on talkin’ puttin’ off goodbye". Yes my mom kept talking and never really was ready to say goodbye.
2)"here’s a Bible if you ever lose your way". my mom is a great Christian woman, and she was definitely most concerned about my spiritual life away from home. its amazing that these were the exact words she used when she handed me a bible when i was packing
3)"Just like every Sunday I called Mama up last night. And even when it’s not I tell her everything’s all right". yea i dun call her on sundays, but its true that i dun really burden her with my problems. whats the point making her worry? everytime when she asks me how are things going, i'll say theyre going pretty good, even when they ARENT.
This song will forever have special place in my heart. I feel as if Carrie performed it for me.

- Jesus Take the Wheel: the first single to be released to country radio and wow what a message. It's about a woman who is losing control of her vehicle and doesnt know what to do and ends up leaving her life in God's hands. Amazing message for everyone, Christian or non-Christian. This is the kind of song that will help people when they are facing difficult times. I know it has for me. Whenver things go rough for me and i hear Carrie's angelic voice singing this wonderfully written song, I feel serene.

- Wasted: Another great song with a great message. its about leavings one's demons behind and starting life anew. Im not sure if the song writers meant it this way, but looking deeper into it, I find this also has a great Christian message; about accepting Christ and thus leaving the demons of the past behind and starting life with Jesus when you accept him as your saviour. Amazing, rangy song; reminds me of the type that Martina McBride would do. Great powerful chorus. Super.

- Before he Cheats: this one, I believe will be a great radio hit! its a real sassy song about a girl wrecking her boyfriends car because she thinks he is cheating on her. i never imagined Carrie would ever say the words "bleached blonde tramp", "white trash version of shania karaoke" i had a good laugh. Do read Carrie's disclaimer on her bio on the arista nashville website. She doesnt condone these actions! Although this is a fun song, i cant place it higher than the previous 3.

- I ain't in Checotah Anymore: this is the most country of all the songs. I like the fiddle in it! its a great bouncy song about her living in NYC and missing her home. Cute lines like "My hotel in Manhattan Holds more people than our town" and "what I just paid for dinner Would be a down payment on a house" make it such a cute song. It reminds me of a song by the great Alan Jackson "Where i come from".

OK. these are my top 5. Most of the other tracks are awesome as well. They chose songs that would be able to showcase her wonderful vocals.
If i had to name my bottom 3 tracks, they would be "Inside Your Heaven", "We're Young and Beautiful" and "Some Hearts".

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carrie You Rock! I love you sooooo much! Your song Jesus Take the Wheel Rocks! It toutched me in a different way, it lifted my heart!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home