Friday, October 28, 2005

Thoughts on Some Hearts [song]

If I compare Some Hearts with Jesus Take the Wheel, there is no contest, JTTW is a better produced song. Lyrically, it's going to be hard to top the message JTTW has to offer.

SH has a real pop sound to it. I don't think it is remotely close to country.

I consider myself a Carrie and country fan. I'm totally in love with country because of Carrie. In fact I had given up listening to pop for a few years now. If you ask me what are the top hits in pop today I will have absolutely no clue.

Back to SH. I think Carrie has really thrown herself onto this album. I mean, I can understand the critics during AI when they said she sang with not enough emotion, but she has definitely handled this aspect well from the 2 singles I've heard so far. Her voice is still amazing. Just give the girl a song to sing, she'll do it brilliantly.

My concerns for this song? This to me is like most pop songs: catchy, but not one that I would like to have on my playlist. If it was say, Kelly Clarkson singing this, I probably wouldn't have this on my playlist. I love Carrie to death, and I will support her.

As a country fan, I am disappointed with the song. As I've said, I have given up on pop for some time now. Indeed the CDs i get / songs I DL these days are mostly country songs. Has anyone ever released a country album with a pop song in it? I'm not sure...

If I'm being entirely honest, I would actually blame Carrie's management team. I think they are just out to make a quick buck out of her. I can see the album selling like hot cakes as Carrie fans, country fans and pop fans flock to buy it. However, I wonder how she will be perceived by country radio. Country radio is known for not liking their artists for crossing over. Carrie is new and needs their support a lot, especially since her heart is in country. But thats not what the AI management cares about. They will make lots of money from her, and come next year they will do the same to the winner of AI5.

Now, some fans are upset and have even accused Carrie of selling out. I disagree. Carrie loves country and she loves her fans, no doubt. However, Carrie is new to the industry, and being the humble girl she is, she is probably taking a lot of her advice from her management. Also, we have been given an impression that she has a lot of say in the production of her album, but who actually knows the truth? I'm sure there are a lot of politics behind the scenes that we don't know of.

On the other side, hopefully, this move will pay off and help Carrie succeed in multiple genres. However, i don't think this has ever been done before thats why Im questioning the move a lot

I'm sure the album will sound great and sell well; I just have a lot of question marks over the long term goals of Carrie's management team. I also hope that SH is the only pop song in the album.

2 Comments:

Blogger rhine said...

What you said makes sense, but I think Some Hearts is not the only pop song in her album. I 200% agreed with ya that JTTW is no doubt a better-produced song, but ya know I'm a pop fan... so I think this song is cool. :)

6:22 AM  
Blogger jeff said...

just my ramblings :)

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home